These days I'm "basic" for saying this (doesn't the internet just ruin everything?), but I love Fall. I hate the heat, which is silly when you live in California, so I welcome the cooler, overcast weather every year. Fall always reminds me of being a kid and going back to school, but instead of buying new supplies to put in your backpack you get to buy new beauty products to put in your purse!
Here are are a few of my favorite things I've been enjoying this fall!
1. Jonathan Silky Dirt I'm a huge fan of this brand, and the Silky Dirt line. The Shine and Define Creme can help tame fly aways, prep an undo, or help you master the perfect ponytail. It's great for guys too, and if they prefer the matte look they can use the Silky Dirt paste that comes in a jar.
2. Yogi Caramel Apple Spice Now I know this is something to assist people who are dieting, but I just like the way it tastes! Yogi Tea always tastes amazing because they blend different herbs, spices, and even fruits together to make yummy flavors. If you're a fan of apple cider, you'll love this tea.
3. Burts Bees Lip Crayon I get so many compliments whenever I wear this product because it looks so natural. It has a matte finish, and is moisturizing while still having great pigment.
4. Dr. Martens These shoes always seem to come back in style. I had three different pairs when I was in high school, and got rid of all of them. Of course, come my late twenties they're hip again. I decided to jump back on the bandwagon and invested in a pair of classic black ones, and they sure are a bitch to break in.
5. PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Peel This product has been reformulated a few times but I still like it. It's a pretty intense enzymatic treatment, rich with vitamin A, and exfoliates with alpha hydroxy acids. This isn't for everyone, and if you have sensitive skin I'd recommend getting a sample before purchasing it. It's great for people who want a preventative anti aging product, but also have issues with acne scars and uneven texture.
6. Rachel Roy EOS Collection This cute little bundle delivers yummy flavors of everyone's favorite lip balm. A blend of oils with shea butter and vitamins provides moisture and smooth lips. Who doesn't love a completely natural product that tastes great as well?
7. Joni Citrine for November Julep I like this color for my toes (I typically keep my fingernails plain because of the work I do). It's really sparkly, and Julep's nail polish is so opaque, you can get away with one coat if you're in a rush.